You must complete this course to receive your state issued dealer motor vehicle license as it is a requirement of the license application process. A certificate of completion is issued to the attendee at the end of the course that must be turned in to the Department of Licensing as part of your application process.
This course is designed to assist individuals in establishing a successful dealership with the following information:
- Requirements by the state on creating your business, types of licenses available, application process submissions, etc.
- Acquiring a dealer insurance bond.
- Overview of the paperwork to sell a vehicle correctly in Washington according to state and federal rules and regulation.
- How to identify red flags during a sale, using OFAC search, and other online features.
- How to track and report sales of your inventory to the appropriate state agencies.
- Identifying and reporting of Curbstoners that may affect your business
- Correct uses of dealer license plates and penalties
- Requirements on exporting out of Country
- Collecting of sales tax, exemptions, 8300 rule, and other requirements
- Do’s and Don’ts of Advertising
And much more.
Requirements for those who should attend this course for state license:
- Attendee must be a Corporate officer, partner or sole owner of the business and their name must appear on the Master Business Application.
- No attendance by proxy is permitted.
- Only 1 (one) of the corporate offices or partners need to attend
- Attendee must be on time and stay to receive the certificate of completion